Hey peeps, hope you are all well, so in this article I’m going to be clearing up all about mineral makeup. I’m going to discuss what is mineral makeup, why use mineral makeup, benefits of mineral makeup and everything else I have left out!
So are you sitting tight? Well then let’s get straight into it!
What is mineral makeup?
When a little younger, I thought minerals were man made, and we ate them to make us healthy so when I learnt they were naturally occurring and are not only for consumption, I was shocked and intrigued about the whole mineral making concept.
But at the same time thought it was cool that minerals were earth created! Anyone else thought the same?
There are many questions and thoughts that come to mind when the word mineral makeup is said so let’s just make it a little easier and start with what it is for those of you who aren’t entirely sure or haven’t heard of it before.
Minerals are a form of a solid element that are created naturally by nature overtime.
So a mineral foundation or other makeup is a product that is formed from using finely ground minerals from the plant earth. I’ll go in a little more deep into what these minerals are in a bit.
As they are obtained from the earth, making them natural, the amount of mineral based makeup being sold is steadily increasing!
Even though usual makeup do contain some minerals, they don’t provide you with skin benefiting ingredients as they are often mixed with other chemicals such as phthalates so they aren’t really natural after all, whereas mineral makeup only consist of natural resources.
What are they made out of?
As said before minerals are extracted from our home (animals included), planet earth.
Products that are labeled mineral are typically made out of zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, iron oxide and a bunch more which are usually found in the earth’s crust.
These are then grounded up into tiny particles which can then be easily compressed. They can be grounded into various sizes depending on the type of coverage needed. The smaller they are the more coverage they provide.
Benefits of/ why you should use mineral makeup
Right onto the good bits, using mineral makeup is generally great for the skin as they provide many benefits.
Below are a few great reasons as to why you should give mineral makeup a go.
– They are very versatile when compared to other makeup for example you can mix them up with other products depending on your needs.
– Less likely to clog pores as they don’t contain many heavy ingredients.
– Less likely to cause breakouts or skin irritation due to the reason mentioned above.
– Minerals such as titanium dioxide provide sun protection but this doesn’t mean you should stop wearing sun cream, it’s more of an added sun protection.
– Often suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
– Has a great stay power as they don’t contain many oils and waxes which would usually make the product slide off your face.
– The pure minerals provide you with many skin benefits one of them being skin soothing features.
– Some minerals have a long shelf life as they do not contain bacteria which are the main cause of spoilage.
– Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Now available in various textures like liquid and powder.
– These are just a few of the amazing greatness of mineral makeup, there are many more!
The great thing about mineral foundation is that everyone and anyone can use it. YAY! It’s great for all skin types.
Individuals with sensitive skin, who would normally react to some products by itching, redness of the face or dryness, will especially benefit and love this type of product.
The reason being, mineral products are normally non-comedogenic which just means they are less likely to cause breakouts and pore blockages, which is usually the cause of bad reactions in poor sensitive skin peeps towards some products.
Some ingredients are also found to have anti inflammatory properties which definitely help problematic skin. They are also free of fragrances, oils, preservatives and other nasties which would usually irritate the skin.
I know all this might make you think it’s only best for sensitive skin but your wrong, its great for anyone wanting extra benefits from their products.
Thanks for reading and hope I answered a few of your questions about mineral makeup, if not let me know in the comment section down below and I’ll try getting back to them.
If you want to check out a mineral makeup product then tap here for the alima pure mineral foundation!
Have a great day!🙂